en

Confessions of a Catholic Adventist | Forum

advertisement
Uograde your account to remove these ads.
Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Zog Has-fallen
Zog Has-fallen Jul 1 '19

When do you believe the Remnant Church will start getting serious and be courageous enough to preach the three angels' messages? https://truthinverity.org/three-angels-messages/

The Forum post is edited by Zog Has-fallen 10 minutes ago
Leif
Leif Feb 17
"Are we hoping to see the whole church revived? That time will never come. There are persons in the church who are not converted, and who will not unite in earnest, prevailing prayer. We must enter upon the work individually. We must pray more, and talk less." —Selected Messages Vol. 1, Page 122
Zog Has-fallen
In addition, we need to stop supporting the ringleaders of apostasy.
Leif
Leif Feb 17
The widow who gave her two mites was commended by Jesus for giving everything she had to God.  Those two mites were used to support the ringleaders of apostasy, yet Jesus still commended the widow for her sacrifice.  God knows our heart.  We shouldn't use apostasy as an excuse to withhold funds that belong to God.  When we see apostasy, we should focus on ourselves.  How should we deal with the apostasy? "We must enter upon the work individually. We must pray more, and talk less."
Zog Has-fallen
Just curious: If that's what you believe, why aren't you sending your tithes to your local synagogue?
Leif
Leif Feb 17
Would you like for me to explain to you the 70 week prophecy, the 2,300 day prophecy, Revelation 14 and the parable of the wheat and the tares? In Revelation 3:14-22, God prophecies that His end time church would be in need of reproof.  But He still identified it as His.  

"I testify to my brethren and sisters that the church of Christ, enfeebled and defective as it may be, is the only object on earth on which He bestows His supreme regard." - Ellen G. White, The General Conference Daily Bulletin, February 27, 1893

Zog Has-fallen
I have a very clear understanding of the 70 weeks, the 2,300 days, Revelation 14, Revelation 3:14-22, and the parable of the wheat and the tares. What I don't understand is why you aren't paying tithes to your local Jewish synagogue.
Leif
Leif Feb 18
For one thing, nobody pays tithe to the Jewish synagogue. Synagogues are run by Rabbis, not Levies.  When the Ceremonial system was in place before the death of Christ, tithes were for Levites who served in the temple which pointed to Christ. The temple service was abolished at the cross, and the temple was destroyed in AD 70.  Now there is no temple and no known line of Levites.  That is why even Jews do not pay tithe to their local synagogue, much less Christians.  The 70 week prophecy marked the end of the Jewish nation as God's chosen people as a nation.  Corresponding with the timing of that prophecy, the Christian church organized itself by appointing deacons, and  ordaining people to serve as leaders and to be sent as missionaries.  I hope this helps you to understand the Biblical foundation for paying tithe through the organized church appointed by God rather than the local Jewish synagogue. But if you are still confused, I'd be happy to give you a Bible study on the 2,300 day prophecy and Revelation 14.
:-)

God bless.

Zog Has-fallen

Again, I know all about the 2300 days and Revelation 14. And from my experience teaching math at a Yeshiva in 2017-2018, I can tell you that I distinctly recall being asked to give regular donations to the school. I was even asked by a senior student that I sponsor him in his religious studies. Furthermore, I remember the pride of one of my students with the family name of Cohen telling me that he is of the priestly class because of that name. Regarding tithing, if Christ's followers were to continue to pay their tithes to the properly designated Jewish authorities for 3 & 1/2 years after the crucifixion of Christ, then I suppose your position is that even if the Seventh-day Adventist leadership were guilty of crucifying the Son of God afresh and of putting Him to open shame, then our tithes must still be given to them. Is that correct?

Attachments:
  Rabbi-Zog.jpg (4241Kb)
Leif
Leif Feb 18
I'm sorry that you have been hurt and offended by leadership.  It is sad and there is no excuse for wrongs. At times like this, more than ever we need to press together.  There is strength in unity.  A house divided cannot stand.  Let's work together to fulfill our God-given mission.  The proclamation of the 3-Angels message.  As for tithe, it's my responsibility to bring it into the storehouse.  It's God's responsibility to deal with Nadab, Abihu, Hophni, and Phinehas.
Zog Has-fallen
So what you're saying is that you're a Catholic Adventist ( https://everythingimportant.org/7faces/ ) and before May 21, 1863 your tithes would have been going to the pope of Rome because a true Church that becomes apostate and inevitably controlled by leaders that crucify the Son of God afresh and put Him to open shame is God's responsibility and that your responsibility is to not deal with Nadab, Abihu, Hophni, and Phinehas but to bring your tithes into their storehouse. Do I understand you correctly?
The Forum post is edited by Zog Has-fallen Feb 18
Leif
Leif Feb 18
No need for sarcasm or insults... 

What do you do with your tithe?  

Zog Has-fallen
Truth isn't sarcasm. God's storehouse is obviously in heaven.

Matthew 6:19-21
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
advertisement
Uograde your account to remove these ads.

Advertisement

advertisement

Users

Crosreen Smith
Maureen
Ailene Wadas Lingcodo
Ali
John Jackson
Allyssa
Yunita
Mukama paul
Krystal

The Wall

You need to sign in to comment
Carol
Feb 19
Good Evening!
Audrey Miller
Feb 19
If my people who are call by my name shall humble themselves n pray I will hear from heaven n heal theirs land. Amen
Audrey Miller
Feb 19
Family let all come together and pray nfast for the attacks on these babies n children by adúlts men.please brethren .
Audrey Miller
Feb 19
Blessed assurance Christ is mine.have a great n peaceful day everyone
denis Magehema
Feb 18
Hi ,brother and sisters in Christ
goldyhemz
Feb 17
Want to have some friends here!
goldyhemz
Feb 17
Hello everyone here?
Collins Oyugi
Feb 15
hello happy sabbath
Selma Silva
Feb 15
Hello... Happy Sabbath, everyone!!!
caroldada
Feb 14
Read Romans 8:28 Every good thing works for those who loves God and for those who are called according to His purpose,
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Password protected photo
Password protected photo
Password protected photo