We help Adventists
marry Adventists
It's that simple!
www.adventistdating.com

Are Seventh-Day Adventist in the U.S. A. and Europe wear jewelries? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Grace
Grace Sep 15
I know SDAs in the US are wearing Wedding Ring. I'm not sure if they are wearing necklace too. I've seen pictures of SDAs in Adventists Websites wearing necklace. Their profiles show that they are active members of the SDA Church. How about SDAs in Europe, do they wear necklace too?
Steve PlatinumPRO
Steve Nov 22

I think it is often because no one explained why historically we don't.

We don't wear ornaments not because they are inherently bad (In fact God gives ornaments in the bible, but they also can be a stumbling block now as it was in the bible)

Like here where it was associated with idol worship.

Gen 35

4 And they gave unto Jacob all the strangegods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.

But in other places such as below, we see God giving us ornaments. How can they be bad if God is giving it and God does not sin?

Ezekiel 16:11

I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.

From this short study many I believe many will conclude that it doesn't matter since we are not worshiping idols (even-though it may be the idol of self LOL).

I think We should be very careful about changing a long standing belief just because we don't understand it. We should have clear direction from the Bible.

Right now since 1844 we are in the real day of atonement, in bible times once a year they would search themselves and confess sin so they can be found without sin on that day.

I think it is worth mentioning that God asked them to take off their ornaments. While judgment was being decided. (after the golden calf) 

Exodus 35

5 For the Lord had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

So in a nut shell that is why I believe it would be wise to put off ornaments as we await the soon return of our savior. After all Jesus gave all for us, would it not be appropriate for us to give all as we come closer and closer to the end times?

There are many many more verses on jewelry, During my study most if I remember correctly were negative.  Some key search words if you would like to use Strong's or bible gateway are :  ornaments, ring, earring, gold, silver, jewels.

hope this helps someone.

Mirs
Mirs Nov 23

Quote from Steve

I think it is often because no one explained why historically we don't.

We don't wear ornaments not because they are inherently bad (In fact God gives ornaments in the bible, but they also can be a stumbling block now as it was in the bible)

Like here where it was associated with idol worship.

Gen 35

4 And they gave unto Jacob all the strangegods which were in their hand, and all their earrings which were in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which was by Shechem.

But in other places such as below, we see God giving us ornaments. How can they be bad if God is giving it and God does not sin?

Ezekiel 16:11

I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.

From this short study many I believe many will conclude that it doesn't matter since we are not worshiping idols (even-though it may be the idol of self LOL).

I think We should be very careful about changing a long standing belief just because we don't understand it. We should have clear direction from the Bible.

Right now since 1844 we are in the real day of atonement, in bible times once a year they would search themselves and confess sin so they can be found without sin on that day.

I think it is worth mentioning that God asked them to take off their ornaments. While judgment was being decided. (after the golden calf) 

Exodus 35

5 For the Lord had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.

So in a nut shell that is why I believe it would be wise to put off ornaments as we await the soon return of our savior. After all Jesus gave all for us, would it not be appropriate for us to give all as we come closer and closer to the end times?

There are many many more verses on jewelry, During my study most if I remember correctly were negative.  Some key search words if you would like to use Strong's or bible gateway are :  ornaments, ring, earring, gold, silver, jewels.

hope this helps someone.

Mirs
Mirs Nov 23
Very well said! This is clear. Thank you.
advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement

The Wall

You need to sign in to comment
Amanda
Yesterday, 06:25PM
Happy Sabbath!
Esperança
Nov 30
Good afternoon
Amanda Yawah Cheeks- Smith
Nov 27
Happy Sabbath everyone
Josue Polanco Cordero
Nov 25
Hello to everyone, who feels that God is the only one that can give deliverance .
AmD
Nov 25
Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D. For me to express the gratitude in my being and in my heart for God and for all of his gifts in this life and those to come, i would have to quote the book of Job chapter 38.  It is my wish that the world feel the great love and thankfullnes that is in my heart for God and our savior Jesus Christ for bringing us to this day, Because we must be grateful for it all. We would not be here today if not for everything God has done during trials and tribulations of the past and those that are is to come. I could not be truely grateful if i had bitterness in my heart for anything. With humble gratitude for the cross, the Catholic church, the crusades, the Spanish insquistion, the transatlantic slave trade, for America, I give thanks to God for today.Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D. For me to express the gratitude in my being and in my heart for God and for all of his gifts in this life and those to come, i would have to quote the book of Job chapte...See more
Mirs
Nov 23
Hi everyone, happy Tuesday ;-)
Steve PlatinumPRO
Nov 21
hello everyone! hope you all have a good start to your week!
Saulo Vilela Barbosa
Nov 19
Happy Sabbath for everyone
Chrisd
Nov 19
Good one
Saulo Vilela Barbosa
Nov 19
hola amigos como estan todos?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Google this
Tineye this