We help Adventists
marry Adventists
It's that simple!
www.adventistdating.com

Dating a person from a different country and nationality | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Darrel
Darrel Apr 29 '16
How can you sustain a relationship with someone who lives in a different country and nationality
Raymond
Raymond May 1 '16
I think distant relationship is putting everything we know about sustaining a relationship into practice and allowing God to be the centre of it all.
Darrel
Darrel May 2 '16
Thanks for the feed-back Ray....it helped a lot. I think I now have to work on how I can sustain the relationship
Audry
Audry Jun 3 '16
Yes I don't think it's anything impossible for our God to do that person can be from anywhere and if that's the person God has choose for you the unity will come together it might take a wile but just remember I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me
Admin2 Admin
Admin2 Jun 7 '16
What I Love about Long distance relationships is that at times it only takes serious people to be in it for sure you can always get to know how serious your partner is 
Admin2 Admin
Admin2 Jun 7 '16
So I concluded by saying that at times Distance can be a good test of seriousness in a relationship 
Sally
Sally Jun 7 '16
I've learned from my past relationship before that its difficult to sustain relationship between different nationality and can't work without communication everyday...and maybe if it is the well of God it can work and you will ask him by prayer.....
Ariebella
Ariebella Jun 9 '16

Long distance relationship can be one of the hardest things to do. However, if God has chosen one who is from a different country or nationality, He will help you to go through the relationship. There are many things that can and will strengthen a long distance relationship. But, the most important one is to pray together about the relationship. With God in the midst, everything will be ok.

Darrel
Darrel Jun 11 '16
Daily communication
Anna
Anna Jun 27 '16
it's not easy but long distance relationship is for strong people. 
shella javier
shella javier Aug 22 '16
Quote from Darrel Daily communication
Through calls and chats
Sunshine Tango Delta
When God put two together to meet each other and become one, distance never abounds. 
Bismark Boakye Yiadom
Distance relationship isn't all that easy,but becomes easy with devoting, trust and been faithful to each other,with effective communication its easy to sustain it,and Most importantly with God at the centre.
Ms Bee
Ms Bee Oct 16 '16
Quote from Darrel How can you sustain a relationship with someone who lives in a different country and nationality
It's a test of trust, commitment and genuine love. Love always finds a way. If we can maintain a relationship with Jesus whom we do not see or know, and we believe in communing with Him in prayer, what more a relationship with someone you can talk to, chat to and even see.  Remember 1 Corinthians 13. Love is patient, it hopes and is persistent
George Freeland
George Freeland Oct 19 '16
I confess it is intimidating, thinking about the expenses of arranging visits.
Mona Grace
Mona Grace Oct 30 '16
That thing is serious. u got to face a whole lot of trouble. first, u must consider both cultures. different countries  different cultures. he might want beef steak but for her cattle is not to eat.  she might love rice for her breakfast,lunch, and dinner  but he wants pasta and different  things. theres lots and lots of adjustments to do. but ofcourse if you show your effort to make your relationship works, everything will fall into place. God is good and he will help both of you according to His will.
Mona Grace
Mona Grace Oct 30 '16
That thing is serious. u got to face a whole lot of trouble. first, u must consider both cultures. different countries  different cultures. he might want beef steak but for her cattle is not to eat.  she might love rice for her breakfast,lunch, and dinner  but he wants pasta and different  things. theres lots and lots of adjustments to do. but ofcourse if you show your effort to make your relationship works, everything will fall into place. God is good and he will help both of you according to His will.
Castro Mzizi
Castro Mzizi Nov 10 '16
Thats a hard one. God made Adam and Eve to be together in the garden of Eden, He didnt say eve go and stay somewhere else, Its nearly impossible to sustain a long distance relationship. Pray that God gives you answers and closure to your issue. 
Darrel
Darrel Nov 12 '16
A long distance relationship can work if people are honest with each other - Being trustworthy. Some signs of dishonest with in a relationship:
1) do not communicate with you on a regular basis (daily or weekly)
2) Always giving excuses for not communicating, i.e. being busy, sick
3) Do not know what to say and express themselves when communicating with you
4) Only a few months into a relationship and people will say "I miss you" or "I love you"
5) Want to know more about "what you are" than "Who you are"
etc

I believe though someone can live on the other side of the world, trust and honesty play an important role. However the corner stone of any relationship is putting God first. 

I believe if you are really genuine in possibly meeting your partner on Adventist Dating, then you should be true to yourself. There is no success in life if you are dishonest and untrustworthy.
Maria
Maria Jan 18 '17
Good discussion. Please allow me to voice something that a member said. And, I hope that I do not offend anyone. It is only with the intension to help members and the Administration. This member said that he felt that the females are a majority of young ladies from overseas whose priority seem to be asking for a ticket to come to America. Any comments?
The Forum post is edited by Maria Jan 18 '17
Pages: 1 2 Next
advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement

The Wall

You need to sign in to comment
Amanda
Yesterday, 06:25PM
Happy Sabbath!
Esperança
Nov 30
Good afternoon
Amanda Yawah Cheeks- Smith
Nov 27
Happy Sabbath everyone
Josue Polanco Cordero
Nov 25
Hello to everyone, who feels that God is the only one that can give deliverance .
AmD
Nov 25
Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D. For me to express the gratitude in my being and in my heart for God and for all of his gifts in this life and those to come, i would have to quote the book of Job chapter 38.  It is my wish that the world feel the great love and thankfullnes that is in my heart for God and our savior Jesus Christ for bringing us to this day, Because we must be grateful for it all. We would not be here today if not for everything God has done during trials and tribulations of the past and those that are is to come. I could not be truely grateful if i had bitterness in my heart for anything. With humble gratitude for the cross, the Catholic church, the crusades, the Spanish insquistion, the transatlantic slave trade, for America, I give thanks to God for today.Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D. For me to express the gratitude in my being and in my heart for God and for all of his gifts in this life and those to come, i would have to quote the book of Job chapte...See more
Mirs
Nov 23
Hi everyone, happy Tuesday ;-)
Steve PlatinumPRO
Nov 21
hello everyone! hope you all have a good start to your week!
Saulo Vilela Barbosa
Nov 19
Happy Sabbath for everyone
Chrisd
Nov 19
Good one
Saulo Vilela Barbosa
Nov 19
hola amigos como estan todos?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Google this
Tineye this