We help Adventists
marry Adventists
It's that simple!
www.adventistdating.com

Looking for a marriage partner ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Dee
Dee Nov 11 '20
Hello ! I just wanted to spark some exchanges thanks to this topic so that people may give their opinion or read other people's opinion but also have a new opportunity to find interest in people, that we haven't necessarily met on the website, through what they have to say about this topic.

*English is not my primary language so I apologize in advance for any mistake that I may make.

My questions are : 

1. What does marriage represent to you ?

2. Why do you want to get married ?

3. What are you looking forward to in marriage ?

4. What do you think a healthy marriage requires ?

5. What does a healthy marriage look like to you ?

You can answer as many as you want (even one is great :-)).

The Forum post is edited by Dee Nov 11 '20
Dee
Dee Dec 5 '20

Quote from Karen53 Hello Dee,

So many thanks for you wanting to start an exchange.  :-)

1.  Marriage represents a long-term friendship.  

2.  Marriage should solve loneliness and the feeling of wanting to belong.

3.  I am hoping for friendship and fun and being part of a family again.

4.  I think a healthy marriage requires a combining of like faiths, some similar interest, a genuine love for the spouse, and a commitment for a long-term relationship.

5.  A healthy marriage should be kind, loving, prayer-filled, sharing relationship.

Blessings, friend.  May you find a loving friend too.  :-)

Hello :-) 

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. :-)

I have loving frends and I'm looking for a little bit more in my marriage but a good frendship is definitely part of marriage.

I pray that God provides you with what you need. 

Nakalema Sharon (swabullah) PlatinumPRO

This is so beautiful

Nkagi
Nkagi Feb 23
Number 3: As for me in marriage I am looking for someone who will be my friend and someone I will grow old with. But it looks like the world is dry. There are no responses so maybe I should stop dreaming of having a marriage. 
Lula
Lula Mar 7

4.  I think a healthy marriage requires a combining of like faiths, some similar interest, a genuine love for the spouse, and a commitment for a long-term relationship.

5.  A healthy marriage should be kind, loving, prayer-filled, sharing relationship.

Thanks Dee for starting the conversation;

Apparently, Sister Karen seems to have read my lips.

My check list is empty because am looking for someone who is dying to please G-d; the rest are details and bonuses to have!

Josephine Opallah
Quote from Dee Hello ! I just wanted to spark some exchanges thanks to this topic so that people may give their opinion or read other people's opinion but also have a new opportunity to find interest in people, that we haven't necessarily met on the website, through what they have to say about this topic.

*English is not my primary language so I apologize in advance for any mistake that I may make.

My questions are : 

Hi Dee, 

Thanks for bringing this.
1. First and foremost, I beg to apologise for any mistake that may come with my English too??????
2. To me, marriage represent a holy union instituted by God Himself.
3. Personally I long to get married not only because I'm lonely but also because I know God could never thought of giving us anything bad and. Agan, it feels good to have a partner so that you stop eying people's marriages and wishing you were also married but instead find a humble time and opportunity to serve God while happy (making sure the other party) is also happy and ready to serve the Lord.
4. Am looking forward to God_centred and holy spirit_driven family ?.
5. A healthy marriage require God only.... The rest will just follow suit.
6.A healthy marriage looks like a little heaven on Earth.... Challenges can can be faced in a Godly way

Immanuel
Immanuel Apr 5
Hello there.. 
1. Reflects the  institute of uniting to have the rest of your life as one. 
2. Hahaha,,,,, I wanna have my family that can beholds me in goodness and badness. To deliver and submit. 
3. A true friendship, fun and happiness that is full of positive vibes. 
4. Time, interest and commitments. Pray to God to keep you safe. 
5. That fully depends on God for all their life. A family full of acceptance to themselves. 

Thank you. Not yet married but those are my thoughts. Be blessed. 
The Forum post is edited by Immanuel Apr 5
Grace
Grace Apr 6

1. There are only Two Institutions God sanctified. First is the Sabbath.          Second is Marriage. I believe that marriage is a Holy Institution. A            lifetime place of learning, growing and developing of Two people (A   

Man and a Woman) having one soul and spirit.

2. Adam was created by God as a social individual (Gen. 2:18) and so we 

were. 

3. A holy union in a place where God reigns and where the devil can 

peep thru the window but can't enter and stay!

4. A healthy marriage requires God to be its Founder and King! (Psalm 

127:1)

5. A healthy marriage is where Two imperfect people go to school where 

there is no graduation and learn that the meaning of true love is 

unending forgiveness.

Dee
Dee May 12

Quote from Nakalema Sharon (swabullah)

This is so beautiful

:-)
Dee
Dee May 12

Quote from Nkagi Number 3: As for me in marriage I am looking for someone who will be my friend and someone I will grow old with. But it looks like the world is dry. There are no responses so maybe I should stop dreaming of having a marriage. 
I hope that you're not letting this take away your joy. Married or not you can be happy by God grace. Have a very good day :-)
Dee
Dee May 12

Quote from Lula

Thanks Dee for starting the conversation;

Apparently, Sister Karen seems to have read my lips.

My check list is empty because am looking for someone who is dying to please G-d; the rest are details and bonuses to have!

Hello ! You're welcome :-)

Woow Lula ! What a beautiful mindset to have. May God guide you to that woman that is dying to please Him.

Have great day !

Dee
Dee May 12

Quote from Josephine Opallah
Quote from Dee 

My questions are : 

Hi Dee, 
Thanks for bringing this.
1. First and foremost, I beg to apologise for any mistake that may come with my English too??????
2. To me, marriage represent a holy union instituted by God Himself.
3. Personally I long to get married not only because I'm lonely but also because I know God could never thought of giving us anything bad and. Agan, it feels good to have a partner so that you stop eying people's marriages and wishing you were also married but instead find a humble time and opportunity to serve God while happy (making sure the other party) is also happy and ready to serve the Lord.
4. Am looking forward to God_centred and holy spirit_driven family ?.
5. A healthy marriage require God only.... The rest will just follow suit.
6.A healthy marriage looks like a little heaven on Earth.... Challenges can can be faced in a Godly way
Thanks a lot for sharing your answers. :-)

I just wanted to say that not being married is not a bad thing. A bad thing would be for example to get married to someone who brings you to turn away from God. 

One more thing about "it feels good to have a partner so that you stop eying people's marriages and wishing you were also married but instead find a humble time and opportunity to serve God while happy (making sure the other party) is also happy and ready to serve the Lord.". 

You shouldn't wait for marriage to stop those things and be happy and ready to serve God, that should be happening now. Marriage doesn't solve all problems, what you've talked about was more about a change of heart. If you're envious of people, once married it's not gonna just stop, you're just gonna be envious of other things for example (that they look happier, that they have things that you and your husband don't have, etc.). The best thing to do is to start working on not comparing your life with other's because you're not in their shoes and don't know their reality (you're being envious of what you see, you don't know if those you envying are not crying to sleep every night). And then, even if they were the happiest couples ever, every body has their own path to go through; if they're doing well just be happy for them and focus on your life and what God is doing for you.

Lastly, being ready and happy to serve God has nothing to do with being married. Some people never got married and others will never get married, does that mean they'll never be ready or happy to serve God ? Absolutely not. 

God blesses you. Have a very good day. :-)

The Forum post is edited by Dee May 12
Dee
Dee May 12

Quote from Immanuel Hello there.. 
1. Reflects the  institute of uniting to have the rest of your life as one. 
2. Hahaha,,,,, I wanna have my family that can beholds me in goodness and badness. To deliver and submit. 
3. A true friendship, fun and happiness that is full of positive vibes. 
4. Time, interest and commitments. Pray to God to keep you safe. 
5. That fully depends on God for all their life. A family full of acceptance to themselves. 
Thank you. Not yet married but those are my thoughts. Be blessed. 
Hello :-) 

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Ok, And what do you mean by "deliver and submit" ?

You're welcome and God blesses you.

Dee
Dee May 12

Quote from Grace

1. There are only Two Institutions God sanctified. First is the Sabbath.          Second is Marriage. I believe that marriage is a Holy Institution. A            lifetime place of learning, growing and developing of Two people (A   

Man and a Woman) having one soul and spirit.

2. Adam was created by God as a social individual (Gen. 2:18) and so we 

were. 

3. A holy union in a place where God reigns and where the devil can 

peep thru the window but can't enter and stay!

4. A healthy marriage requires God to be its Founder and King! (Psalm 

127:1)

5. A healthy marriage is where Two imperfect people go to school where 

there is no graduation and learn that the meaning of true love is 

unending forgiveness.

Wow ! Ok ! :-) Thank you for your anwsers. 

Have great day. :-) God loves you. 

Carol
Carol May 13
Great questions!  I like question #2.  My response to that question would be based on what Genesis 2:18 says.  However, having quoted this text, I am not necessarily trigger happy to do this because I have first hand knowledge what it entails.  I want to take my time, establish a solid foundation and frienship first, and stay open to God's leading--I believe God's way is the best way since he is the author of marriage who performed the first ceremony.
Dee
Dee May 14

Quote from Carol Great questions!  I like question #2.  My response to that question would be based on what Genesis 2:18 says.  However, having quoted this text, I am not necessarily trigger happy to do this because I have first hand knowledge what it entails.  I want to take my time, establish a solid foundation and frienship first, and stay open to God's leading--I believe God's way is the best way since he is the author of marriage who performed the first ceremony.
Happy if they can stir up some conversations :-) 

Genesis 2 : 18 says : And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

So you're not trigger happy to do what ? Be an help meet for him ? Just asking, not sure if that's what you meant.

I'd really like to hear more about what you've got to say :-) Hope to hear from you soon :-)

Amen ! God's way is the best for everything.

PHOEBE A. TINO

1. For Me, Marriage is the highest form of friendship it requires love, trust and faith to God.

2. I want to get married because I want to build my own family were I will be the one teaching my kids about God; to help them grow with fear making sins, in short I want to them to grow in the Lords feet.

3.What  I'm looking forward in a marriage is that I  expect that partner will bring me more closer to closer to God. Someone who can be my companion when i go to church.

4. For me, it requires honesty, transparency, love, understand each other and both prayed together.

5. Just Be honest about what you're feeling, but be kind and respectful when you communicate. Part of good communication is being a good listener and taking the time to understand what it is your spouse wants and needs from you and above all its better if both have the same faith/religion.

advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement

The Wall

You need to sign in to comment
Amanda
Yesterday, 06:25PM
Happy Sabbath!
Esperança
Nov 30
Good afternoon
Amanda Yawah Cheeks- Smith
Nov 27
Happy Sabbath everyone
Josue Polanco Cordero
Nov 25
Hello to everyone, who feels that God is the only one that can give deliverance .
AmD
Nov 25
Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D. For me to express the gratitude in my being and in my heart for God and for all of his gifts in this life and those to come, i would have to quote the book of Job chapter 38.  It is my wish that the world feel the great love and thankfullnes that is in my heart for God and our savior Jesus Christ for bringing us to this day, Because we must be grateful for it all. We would not be here today if not for everything God has done during trials and tribulations of the past and those that are is to come. I could not be truely grateful if i had bitterness in my heart for anything. With humble gratitude for the cross, the Catholic church, the crusades, the Spanish insquistion, the transatlantic slave trade, for America, I give thanks to God for today.Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D. For me to express the gratitude in my being and in my heart for God and for all of his gifts in this life and those to come, i would have to quote the book of Job chapte...See more
Mirs
Nov 23
Hi everyone, happy Tuesday ;-)
Steve PlatinumPRO
Nov 21
hello everyone! hope you all have a good start to your week!
Saulo Vilela Barbosa
Nov 19
Happy Sabbath for everyone
Chrisd
Nov 19
Good one
Saulo Vilela Barbosa
Nov 19
hola amigos como estan todos?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Google this
Tineye this