We help Adventists
marry Adventists
It's that simple!
www.adventistdating.com

Online dating website (for Adventists) ? Pros and cons. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Dee
Dee May 14
Some of us have been reluctant to sign up to an online dating website or even once there don't want people to know about it because we might feel like it's not "right", not the right way to meet our spouse, not a good story to tell, etc. However when we think about it, it's not very different from dating without the website. Let's talk about it a little bit and then let's go over a few pros and cons of online dating websites (especially for Adventists).

PROS :
1. Once you read somebody's profile YOU KNOW WHO'S AVAILABLE FOR WHAT (dating, marriage, etc.) and a little bit about them and what they're looking for. So you know if you should try to get to know them in that way. When you just meet in church you don't know if there are single or looking to be in a relationship.
2. It allows you to MEET PEOPLE YOU WOULD HAVE PROBABLY NEVER MET. Sometimes with our church's responsibility you don't really have the time to visit other churches very often and to be honest even if you did it's surely not to look for a spouse. 
You can also meet people from cities next to yours, countries next to yours or even from other continents which is not very likely without internet.
3. It allows you to "TALK" TO PEOPLE YOU WOULD HAVE PROBABLY NEVER "TALKED" TO. Even when you meet new people that come to your church or that you meet in other churches or in church meetings and activities with people from different churches, you're probably not gonna be able to let them know that you would be interested in getting to know them more. It's not because you've met once (or a few times) that you're gonna feel confortable enough to engage with that person in that way. I'm not sayong that it never happens but it can be difficult.
4.IF YOU'RE SHY (or just APPREHNSIVE about going and talking to someone that you're attracted to about getting to know them more) IT CAN BE EASIER for you to start a conversation with someone online.
5. IT CAN BE EASIER FOR WOMEN TO APPROACH MEN and by doing so let them know they're interested. We all know why we're here so there's no need to let pride or apprenhension keep you from meeting your partner.
6. IT'S A "PLACE" WHERE YOU CAN MEET SINGLE ADVENTISTS. Even if it's a virtual place it's very important. Depending on where we are in the world there aren't always that many adventists around us (unfortunately so let's share the message :-)) and there isn't that many places where we know for sure that we'll meet adventist people. So it's difficult to meet people. Except for people that are in an adventist school (university, etc.) or working in an adventist establishment, how many adventist people do we meet outside of the church ? What are the places where we can easily meet adventist people ? Not that much, right ? So a website like this is really a very good place to meet people.

CONS
1. If you're not careful, IT CAN BE EASY FOR PEOPLE TO SCAM YOU WITHOUT FACING LEGAL CONSEQUENCES. Fortunately, there's a good regulation on this website and you can report any problem to the administrators that are very responsive.

Basically, onling dating websites widens the scope of possibilities especially for us Adventists. It's just a way to meet people as we would in person and then we can get to know each other via messages, phone/video calls like we generally would nowadays. Once you meet here, the website doesn't keep you from meeting in person (especially if you choose someone not too far from you according to your financial means).
If you want more people on the website so that you can have more options just talk about the website, share it on your social media, etc. so that more and more people know about it. There's nothing wrong about an adventist dating website, it's quite the opposite actually : just a good tool for a first contact.

Please add the pros and the cons that I might I've missed.

May God guide you to what you need (so that's you can leave this website for good :-)). And don't forget to share your testimony with the admins so that they can share it (even aninymously) with us. 

The Forum post is edited by Dee May 14
Carol
Carol May 14
Some of the cons to consider is to be careful about taking for granted that just because this in an Adventist dating site that everyone here is Christian.  Being an Adventist in and of itself doesn't in any way, shape or form, make you a bona fide Christian.  See 1 John 4:1.

Dee
Dee May 14

Quote from Carol Some of the cons to consider is to be careful about taking for granted that just because this in an Adventist dating site that everyone here is Christian.  Being an Adventist in and of itself doesn't in any way, shape or form, make you a bona fide Christian.  See 1 John 4:1.

That"s true but it"s not specific to online dating though; it's the same with Adventists sitting in church.
John
John Jul 17
I'd like to know just how many Adventists this site has helped marry Adventists. Anybody can write a slogan. I do it for a living.
advertisement

Advertisement

advertisement

The Wall

You need to sign in to comment
Amanda
Yesterday, 06:25PM
Happy Sabbath!
Esperança
Nov 30
Good afternoon
Amanda Yawah Cheeks- Smith
Nov 27
Happy Sabbath everyone
Josue Polanco Cordero
Nov 25
Hello to everyone, who feels that God is the only one that can give deliverance .
AmD
Nov 25
Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D. For me to express the gratitude in my being and in my heart for God and for all of his gifts in this life and those to come, i would have to quote the book of Job chapter 38.  It is my wish that the world feel the great love and thankfullnes that is in my heart for God and our savior Jesus Christ for bringing us to this day, Because we must be grateful for it all. We would not be here today if not for everything God has done during trials and tribulations of the past and those that are is to come. I could not be truely grateful if i had bitterness in my heart for anything. With humble gratitude for the cross, the Catholic church, the crusades, the Spanish insquistion, the transatlantic slave trade, for America, I give thanks to God for today.Happy Thanksgiving to all! :D. For me to express the gratitude in my being and in my heart for God and for all of his gifts in this life and those to come, i would have to quote the book of Job chapte...See more
Mirs
Nov 23
Hi everyone, happy Tuesday ;-)
Steve PlatinumPRO
Nov 21
hello everyone! hope you all have a good start to your week!
Saulo Vilela Barbosa
Nov 19
Happy Sabbath for everyone
Chrisd
Nov 19
Good one
Saulo Vilela Barbosa
Nov 19
hola amigos como estan todos?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Next »
Google this
Tineye this